Less than one day after Verizon announced the release date of its BlackBerry Tour 9630, Sprint has now also confirmed (via its Twitter account) that it will launch the new RIM smartphone on July 12 as well – online and through telesales for the beginning.
Unsurprisingly, Sprint will sell the Tour for the same price as Verizon: $199.99 on contract, probably after a $100 rebate.
Announced by Research in Motion on June 16, BlackBerry Tour 9630 is a global smartphone, having both GSM and CDMA/EV-DO connectivity. The device looks like a mix between the Bold and the Curve 8900 – and that’s obviously a good thing.
The Tour will come with features like: a 480 x 360 pixels display, full QWERTY keyboard, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack and a 3.2MP camera.
Canada will also get the Tour this summer, as Bell is getting ready to release it on July 15 – or maybe a bit later.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon confirms: BlackBerry Tour will be out on July 12 for $200
- BlackBerry Tour 9630 flying off the shelves
- BlackBerry Bold 9650 coming to Sprint on May 23 for $200
- BlackBerry Bold 9650 hits the FCC, will probably be launched in Korea, too
- BlackBerry Tour may have a touchscreen display