It looks like that rumored Microsoft Pink phone is a real device after all.
According to AdWeek, McCann’s T.A.G. ad agency was selected by Microsoft to create a marketing campaign for the Pink phone.
“Pink” is only a codename for the moment, but it’s said that the device behind this codename will feature Windows Mobile 7, high-end features, and it will be the very first Microsoft-branded smartphone.
Windows Mobile 7 should be ready as early as the fall of 2009, but the Pink phone will probably not be out before 2010.
Reportedly, the Pink handset will feature a new UI on top of WM 7, called Purple. This might be developed by Danger, the company that makes software for T-Mobile’s Sidekick series.
Well, now we have to wait for Microsoft to confirm all this, right?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft Zune / Pink phone coming in two months, WM7 included?
- Microsoft and Verizon talking about iPhone rival… Yawn…
- The world’s first Windows Phone Mango handset could be the Fujitsu IS12T
- Microsoft’s own Windows Phone 7 handset may be released in early 2011, made by Asus
- Windows Marketplace opens for submissions on July 27; WM 6.0 and 6.1 will be supported