Great news for all those who have an iPhone 3G S and want to jailbreak it: a jailbreak for the brand new smartphone has just been released today by an independent developer named George Hotz.
Dubbed purplera1n, the iPhone 3G S jailbreak can be downloaded from this address.
Note that you’ll need a Windows PC (Windows 7 and Mac are not supported for the moment), an iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware and the latest version of iTunes in order to install the jailbreak.
Also, keep in mind that the jailbreak is a beta version, so be sure to back up all your data before running it.
To read more about how exactly to run the iPhone 3G S purplera1n jailbreak, head on over to George Hotz’s blog.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 3G unlock now available for download
- Evasi0n untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.x released, works on iPhone 5 too
- Untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak now available for all devices except the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
- Accessing your iTunes via iPhone?
- iOS 6 already jailbroken on three devices