Now, judging by the way Android was received around the world, one may think that HTC will soon concentrate more on Google’s open source OS than on Microsoft’s WM.
But this will not happen – at least not in the near future.
According to Mobile News CWP, Jon French, country manager at HTC UK and Ireland, said that the company will equally focus on both platforms, as they are targeted at different types of consumers.
(HTC Hero vs. HTC Touch Diamond2)
“We’ll be releasing more devices across both platforms until the end of the year. We’ll certainly move forward on the Android side but we’d be fools to just through away our heritage in being a leader of Windows Mobile devices,” said Mr. French.
Well, now all we can do is to wait and see how many Android and how many Windows Mobile devices will HTC release by the year’s end.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC09: HTC Touch Diamond2 preview video
- HTC Hero live pics leaked
- HTC Hero in live pictures; the first review already published
- HTC to launch Android phone with TouchFlo 3D UI on June 24?
- HTC Touch Diamond2 announced for India