Blackberry has been having a fun-filled weekend, with the release of the Tour as well as leaked pics of the Onyx and other devices. But that’s not it; courtesy of our friends over at BoyGenius, leaked specs of the Blackberry 9550 (also known as the Blackberry Storm 2) are out.
The Storm 2 will have a few upgrades from the first-gen edition, and most of them will be very welcome and not a moment too soon. So, what are the juicy specs?
The specs are listed as:
- CDMA 1xRTT/EVDO Rev. A
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE
- Single-band UMTS/HSDPA (2100MHz only)
- Wi-Fi b,g
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- 360×480 resolution capacitive screen
- OS 5.0
Not too many surprises in here, though we welcome the news of WiFi and capacitive screen (meaning, no more Surepress), and we’re also happy to see OS 5.0 included.
But the Storm 2 news doesn’t end there, folks — one tidbit surfaced regarding a Blackberry 9520, aka Storm 2 GSM version, that will likely be hitting AT&T and Rogers sometime in the near future. But how near is it? We still expect Verizon and Vodafone to get it first; and with any decent exclusivity involved, that means we wouldn’t see the Storm 2 on North American GSM until early 2010.
image courtesy EngadgetMobile
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Storm 2 (9520) for Vodafone – pictures leaked
- New BlackBerry Storm 2 videos, Piezo technology included
- New BlackBerry Storm 9570 with OS 6 shows up in photos?
- Verizon to offer two BlackBerry Storm2 phones for the price of one?
- Verizon announces the BlackBerry Storm2 for October 28