Blackberry Tour: Buy One Now!
It’s too not often we see this happen with such a hugely anticipated device, but the Blackberry Tour 9630 is now available for purchase on both Verizon and Sprint. We applaud the ability to choose for ourselves which carrier to use.
At $199, there is no difference in price between the two. Sadly, neither have WiFi yet, though Sprint has acknowledged plans to upgrade the Tour to WiFi (as well as all new smartphones) sometime next year.
Certainly the addition of the Tour will breathe fresh life into the Blackberry CDMA lineup.
For a refresher, here are the specs on the brand new Tour.
- Dual-band CDMA/EVDO Rev A (800/1900 MHz)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA
- 2.44 inch, 480 x 360 pixels TFT display with 65k colors (nope, it’s not a touchscreen)
- 35-key QWERTY keyboard
- GPS / A-GPS
- BlackBerry Maps
- Full HTML web browser
- DataViz Documents to Go
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Music, video players
- 3.2MP autofocus camera with image stabilization, flash and video recording
- 256MB internal flash memory
- microSD card support, up to 32GB
- 1400 mAh battery
- Talk time: up to 5 hours
- Standby time: up to 14 days
- 112 x 62 x 14.2 mm
- 130 g
Other than WiFi, is there anything else missing from the Tour that would keep you from buying it? (Besides being CDMA vs. GSM, of course)