Today, LG has announced the LG MOBILE WORLDCUP 2009, an annual festival with total prizes of $1 million, organized with the intention of finding “the world’s fastest texter.”
The LG MOBILE WORLDCUP 2009 will debut in July, but the first National Championship will be held in Indonesia, on August 15, at the Jakarta Theater. 200 of the fastest Indonesian texters will compete for the big prize of about $9,900.
National Championships will also be held in Malaysia, Vietnam, China, South Korea. South Africa, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Peru and Argentina.
The final World Championship will be organized in the US, sometime in November. Texting champions from 16 national rounds will compete for the big prize of $100,000. Participants will use LG mobile phones in front of a live audience to demonstrate their texting skills.
LG expects the LG MOBILE WORLDCUP 2009 to “reach as much as 6 million participants”.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG holding contests in Korea and Brazil to honor your mad text messaging skillz
- T-Mobile’s LG DoublePlay QWERTY Android phone officially announced
- Android Developer Challenge 2 announced by Google
- LG Optimus G Pro reaches 1 million sales in South Korea
- Samsung Galaxy S II gets 200,000 pre-orders in South Korea, more than any iPhone