In consequence, O2’s customers will be able to receive tweets, @mentions and direct messages on their phones.
Also, they’ll be able to send replies via SMS, at standard network rates.
Although receiving tweets will be free, O2 asks customers to “stay below 600 messages per month”.
“We believe that mobile will soon become the most popular way of accessing social networking sites, giving real time access to tweets and status updates wherever you are. The agreements we now have in place with Twitter and the other key sites brings this a step closer, making it quick and easy for O2 customers to access their favourite social networks straight from their mobile,” declared Antony Douglas, Head of Content at O2.
Following the agreement with O2 UK, Twitter will team-up with Telefonica, for other global collaborations.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone UK allows Twittering via SMS; free for the first weeks
- TwitterPeek device launched, costs as low as $99.99
- Apple iOS 5 Rumored To Have Social-Network Integration Features
- Official Twitter app launched for phones running Android 2.1 and later
- Twitter upgrades SMS functionality: Fast Follow, alerts and more