While O2 UK has secured exclusivity for the new iPhone 3G S, it looks like other British carriers might be able to launch the older iPhone 3G soon.
Reportedly, T-Mobile UK is already in talks with Apple for releasing the iPhone 3G sometime in the next few months.
It’s said that Orange UK also has plans regarding the second generation iPhone, although nothing is confirmed at the moment.
Well, as long as O2 keeps the iPhone 3G S exclusivity, I don’t think the carrier has too much to lose if other operators launch the iPhone 3G too.
O2 UK also has exclusivity for the Palm Pre, but it’s not clear yet when the carrier will launch it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon might not get the iPhone until 2012
- Palm Pre to be exclusively sold by O2 in the UK
- Verizon to finally launch an iPhone in 2010?
- Telus to launch the iPhone 3G S in Canada?
- O2 UK’s Palm Pre exclusivity confirmed?