July 27 is the date when Microsoft will open its Windows Marketplace for submissions in 29 countries – meaning that app developers will finally be able to present the apps that they’d like to be included in the Marketplace.
This will prepare Windows Marketplace for its launch – sometime in the fall of 2009, at the same time with Windows Mobile 6.5.
Interestingly, Microsoft says that by the year’s end, Windows Marketplace will be available for Windows Mobile 6.0 and Windows Mobile 6.1 as well.
Windows Marketplace will include a Business Center, where business users should be able to easily find what they need (i.e. mobile business applications).
Microsoft also said that it would organize a developer contest, but details about it will be announced when Windows Marketplace gets launched.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More details on Windows Mobile Marketplace’s Phase 2
- Windows Mobile 7 to come with app marketplace called “Skymarket”
- Windows Marketplace for Mobile updated, PC-based shopping now available
- Microsoft is negotiating carrier-branded versions of Windows Marketplace
- Windows Marketplace is now open for registration