According to The Street, Verizon sold between 275,000 and 300,000 Tour smartphones in the first 24 hours after launch.
Sales volumes through Sprint are not known at the moment, but they’re probably similar to the ones via Verizon.
Since the Tour is also available in Canada, from Telus, it’s quite possible that the device was sold in more than 1 million units by now.
The BlackBerry Tour is one of RIM’s global smartphones, featuring both CDMA and GSM/HSPA connectivity, a 480 x 360 pixels TFT display, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, a 3.2MP autofocus camera and so on.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telus’ BlackBerry Tour to land on July 15 for $249.99
- BlackBerry Tour 9630 announced by RIM, Verizon and Sprint will launch it soon
- Blackberry Tour on Verizon July 12, Will Be First to Launch
- Blackberry Tour: Buy One Now!
- Sprint launching the BlackBerry Tour on July 12 too