As Cellular News reports, Dell’s president of consumer division, Ronald Garriques, confirmed that the company plans to “work with the top three to four” carriers, in order to “see what their needs are”.
There are reports saying that at least one of Dell’s smartphones will run on Android, and that Dell might also make Android netbooks.
We already saw a possible Dell smartphone (pictured below), but since there’s nothing official about it, we can’t say for sure that it will be among the handsets that Dell wants to release.
The first Dell smartphone – with or without Android – could be launched in China, sometime in the fourth quarter of 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Michael Dell confirms Android phone launch in the US
- Dell’s Android and WM handsets rejected by carriers
- Dell to launch smartphones in time – whenever that is
- Dell Mini 3T1 – Dell’s second Android smartphone?
- Dell launches XCD28 and XCD35 Android smartphones in India