This one should probably be filed under the “weird news” category, but it’s pretty interesting nonetheless.
According to German publication Inside-Handy.de, the new Windows Mobile communicator Toshiba TG01, that has been selling on O2 Germany since the beginning of July, comes with a virus pre-installed on it’s microSD memory card.
The virus itself is a regular PC/Windows virus that somehow infected the memory card that ships with the phone.
O2 spokesman Albert Fetsch has acknowledged the problem and said that it affects only a few devices.
Currently the sales of Toshiba TG01 on O2 Germany have been halted and customers who have bought the smartphone are invited to contact customer service.
O2 is currently assessing the impact of the problem and can not provide any solution yet. Though more info should be forthcoming this afternoon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Wave S8500 shipping with Trojan-infected MicroSD card?
- Toshiba Portege G710 GPS PDA phone presented in Italy
- Toshiba TG02 and TG03 appear in leaked photos
- Toshiba TG02, TG03, K01, K02 and L01 leaked
- Podloso: First Linux virus for iPod