NTT DoCoMo, Japan’s leading mobile carrier, announced that it has developed a new solar-powered phone, called SOLAR HYBRID (or SH-08A).
Part of the docomo STYLE series, the SH-08A can be charged with both electricity and sunlight. Reportedly, 10 minutes of solar recharging is enough for about one minute of talk-time.
Built by Sharp, the phone is also waterproof, meeting the IPX5 and IPX7 standards.
Even more, the SH-08A comes with many high-end features, including:
- 3.0 inches main display with 480 x 854 pixels and 16 million colors
- HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- 8MP CCD autofocus camera
- MicroSDHC card support, up to 16GB
The SH-08A will be available from NTT DoCoMo starting September, in three color versions: white, blue and green. Its price was not announced.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia N97 NAM available now for $699, unlocked
- Sharp solar-powered phone (SH6230C) coming to China, other global markets
- AT&T Samsung Propel Pro available starting today
- Samsung Omnia II i8000 and Omnia Lite B7300 smartphones announced
- 22 new handsets in four new series announced by NTT DoCoMo for Japan