I am not sure if it is related to the launch of the upcoming Nokia Maemo based devices this fall, but Nokia seems to be readying the introduction of a new line of the devices to complement it’s Nseries and Eseries handsets.
And it will be called Nokia Cseries.
The trademark application for Nokia Cseries has been filed on April 14th, 2009.
(The screenshot from Finnish trademark office. Nokia Cseries logo is our own rendering)
At this time it’s not clear when Nokia will announce the new Cseries devices or whether they will be announced at all.
But my bet would be for the beginning of September, at Nokia World 2009.
There are widespread rumors that Nokia is planning to launch the new line of Linux/Maemo based smart devices there. And, given how Nokia execs stress in every conversation that their high end devices are not smart phones, but mobile computers, C-Series might be an apt for them.
I’m not sure I like it now, but, who knows, maybe the name will grow on me eventually
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia also registers the Xseries brand name
- Nokia’s Maemo plans for 2010 to include only one device
- Nokia’s Maemo 6 to support capacitive displays, multi-touch
- HTC Smart2 with Wi-Fi and Office Suite reportedly in the making
- Nokia MID and Nautilus. New Linux based mobile computers from Nokia