Apart from registering the Cseries brand name, Nokia has also applied for registering the Xseries trademark.
The application was filed on April 15 2009 and accepted on April 29 by Europe’s OHIM (Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market). It is related to “mobile phones, smart phones, accessories and replacement parts for mobile phones.”
While the Cseries name is probably for the upcoming family of Nokia multimedia computers, the Xseries could be a line-up to include (or succeed) the current XpressMusic phones.
Of course, the exact plans that Nokia has for the Xseries and Cseries names are not known at the moment, but the Finnish company will probably make an announcement about the pretty soon – perhaps in September, during Nokia Word 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia C3 and C5 Cseries phones to come on January 26?
- Tomorrow’s Nokia Launch Today: New XpressMusic collection – Nokia 5310, Nokia 5610 and new Nokia 5700
- Nokia C5 leaked; still not clear what the Cseries is all about
- Major handset naming scheme revamp coming at Nokia Wolrd 09′
- New Nokia Cseries mobile computers coming soon?