When we first heard about the HTC Whitestone, the smartphone appeared as featuring both GSM and CDMA/EV-DO connectivity, and thus it was rumored to be launched by Verizon Wireless sometime in September.
While this release date is not confirmed, it looks like the Whitestone will indeed be launched by Verizon – with the model name XV6975.
According to the XV6975 user agent profile, the handset features a 800 x 480 pixels display and it has no physical keyboard – exactly like the Whitestone.
The HTC Whitestone / XV6975 should also feature HSDPA connectivity, a 5MP camera and Windows Mobile (6.1 or 6.5).
Verizon will probably launch the Whitestone / XV6975 before the year’s end. The carrier will also release the HTC Touch Pro2 sometime later this year, apparently as XV6875.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon readying WM 6.5 HTC Imagio and Android HTC Predator for next month
- More details on HTC Whitestone, Firestone, Thoth and others
- Verizon’s HTC Imagio XV6975 in new photos
- Verizon’s Touch Diamond2 leaked; HTC Mega and Tachi also show up
- Nokia E6 passes the FCC with AT&T and T-Mobile 3G support