Initially known as BlackBerry Gemini, the BlackBerry Curve 8520 is now finally official, after several months of leaked images and details.
As you may already know, BlackBerry Curve 8520 is RIM’s first device to have an optical trackpad instead of a trackball.
The smartphone further features a “highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard”, Wi-Fi, quad-band GSM/EDGE connectivity, a 320 x 240 pixels display, a 2MP camera, and a 1GB MicroSD card in the box.
There’s also “out of the box Mac compatibility”, which sounds promising for Mac lovers.
BlackBerry Curve 8520 will be available from T-Mobile USA starting August 5, in two colors (black and frost). Also in August, the new Curve 8520 will go on sale in the UK. The smartphone’s price was not announced by RIM.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Curve 9360 to cost $230 at T-Mobile USA (off contract)
- New BlackBerry Curve 9350, 9360 and 9370 officially announced
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Gemini) to come on August 5
- RIM announces new BlackBerry Curve 9320
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 and BlackBerry Curve 9380 officially announced