Since its launch (May 2007), LG’s Wine family of phones has become quite successful, with more than 2 million units sold around the world.
Leveraging on this success, LG now plans to release a 3G version of the Wine phone.
The handset will be launched in Korea in September, via SK Telecom, KTF and LG Telecom.
There are no further details about the upcoming device, but, since the previous Wine phones were targeted at middle-aged and older customers, we should expect the new one to be made for them as well.
The key features of LG’s Wine phones are the large screen and keypad, quick-access keys, text-to-speech, and the simple overall design.
Via Telecoms Korea
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Wine 3 announced in Korea; features circular display
- NTT DoCoMo, KT Freetel to Jointly Procure LG Wine
- LG Arena Max now official as LG Maxx LU9400
- Samsung, LG to launch Android 2.0 phones for SK Telecom
- LG to ship more 3G phones than Samsung, thanks to demand from China