Telus and Fido have just released two new phones in Canada: Motorola Rival a455 and Nokia 1661, respectively.
Already available in the US via Verizon, Motorola Rival a455 is a messaging phone that features a full QWERTY keyboard, a 2.2 inch display with 176 x 220 pixels, Telus Navigator, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, Music player, 2MP camera, 130MB of internal memory and MicroSD card support.
Telus sells the Motorola Rival for as low as $99.99 with a contract agreement for 3 years. The carrier offers buyers the “chance to win a day with Universal Recording artist Shiloh”, plus three Shiloh songs (for a limited time).
Fido’s new phone, the Nokia 1661, is a basic candybar that features a 1.8 inch TFT display with 128 x 160 pixels, FM radio and flashlight. The phone is available online – for free with a 2-yr contract, or for $55 on prepay.
T-Mobile USA also plans to launch the Nokia 1661, but it’s not clear yet when this will happen.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Rival A455 and Casio Exilim C721 coming on June 10
- Casio Exilim and Motorola Rival launched by Verizon
- Telus’ Motorola Milestone available now, $199.99 on contract
- LG Optimus Pro launched in Canada by Fido as LG Gossip Pro
- Motorola Rival A455 and Evoke QA4 – specs unveiled