Android-Based Motorola Morrison Gets Rumored Specs and Release Date
As phone makers compete to come out with the latest and greatest Android phone, it’s certainly no surprise that Motorola wants its piece of the pie; especially considering the struggling company seems to be running out of chances to dig itself out of the giant hole it has created.
We have known about the Motorola “Morrison” for quite some time, but the latest in a series of early Monday morning rumors throws some juicy specs and even a release date our way.
The Motorola Morrison’s specs will likely include:
- CPU: Qualcomm MSM7201A 528 MHz
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Flash Rom: 512 MB
- Memory Card Type: microSDHC, Class 6, 32 GB supported
- Display: 320×480 (HVGA)
- Accelerometer: 3-axis, Four-way screen rotation
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Voice Bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, W-CDMA 900/(1700 or 1900)/2100
- Wireless Lan: 802.11 b/g, WEP, WPA, 802.11i (WPA2)
- Bluetooth Version: 2.0 + EDR
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, GAP, HFP 1.5, HSP, SDAP, SPP
- USB: USB 2.0 High Speed, Micro USB connector
- Headset Jack: 3.5mm, Stereo out, Mic
- Camera Resolution: 5 MP
- Image Capture Resolution (max): 2560×1920
- Camera Features: Autofocus, White Balance, Geotagging, Color Effects
- Camera Digital Zoom (max): 5.4x
- Video Recording Resolution: 320×240 (QVGA)
- Video Recording Frame Rate: 25 fps
- Location Services: Standalone GPS w/ internal antenna, Assisted GPS, E-Compass
- Email Protocols: POP3, IMAP4, Exchange ActiveSync
There’s some good healthy specs in there, though nothing groundbreaking for Android. Hopefully Motorola can keep up with the competition.
Rumored release date for the Morrison on T-Mobile is set for October 21, just in time for the holidays.