Not long after we reported about Nokia’s plans to make a smartbook (in collaboration with Compal), we’re now hearing that Sony Ericsson wants to launch a smartbook, too.
According to Netbooknews, “a reliable Taiwanese source” has confirmed the fact that Sony Ericsson is working on a smartbook that’s coming “soon.”
Details are scarce at the moment, so there’s no word yet if said smartbook is based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon platform or not.
Theoretically, a smartbook is something in between a smartphone and a netbook. So I don’t know what exactly we should expect from Sony Ericsson’s smartbook. Perhaps a maximized Xperia? Or something similar to a Sony VAIO P-series sub-netbook (seen below)?
Regardless of what it will look like, the SE smartbook has lots of chances to be a really nice device. Now let’s hope that Sony Ericsson will indeed launch it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 will get Android 2.1 this year
- Sony Ericsson MT11i is yet another upcoming Android smartphone
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Acro leaks on its way to Japan
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro may start shipping in late September in the UK
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Duo picture leaks