This Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23022 has some new features and it seems to be tweaked for use with capacitive touchscreen displays (hence those that don’t need a stylus).
For example, the OK/close soft button is now located at the bottom of the screen, instead of being at the top. Also, there’s a “iPhone-like magnifier” that should help users better control the cursor with their fingers.
Here’s the video preview:
Pocketnow suggests that this may, in fact, be an interim version of WM, between Windows Mobile 6.5 (shown on video last week) and Windows Mobile 7: perhaps Windows Mobile 6.5.1, or Windows Mobile 6.7.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Latitude for iPhone, iPad and iPod now available (video)
- Nokia Magnifier app for Symbian S60 introduced
- Windows Sideshow is now available for Windows Mobile devices
- Forget WM 7, Windows Mobile 6.6 Maldives may come first
- Next Gen iPod and iPhone Nano: Full Screen with TouchPanel at the Bottom