As rumored back in May, the BlackBerry Onyx 9700 will indeed be launched by T-Mobile USA, and the evidence is a live picture with the smartphone bearing the carrier’s logo.
Appeared over at CrackBerry, the image shows a device similar to what we saw last month as BlackBerry 9020.
Like the Curve 8520 (already available from T-Mobile), the BlackBerry 9700 is one of RIM’s smartphones that have an optical trackpad instead of a trackball. Other features should include 3G (T-Mobile’s first 3G BlackBerry), a 480 x 360 pixels display, Wi-Fi, GPS, and (of course) a QWERTY keyboard.
T-Mobile has not announced a release date for the BlackBerry 9700.
AT&T plans to launch the BlackBerry 9700 Onyx too, but, as in T-Mo’s case, a release date is not known.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Onyx) for T-Mobile appears in press photo
- BlackBerry Onyx 9020 picture leaked, optical trackpad included
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Gemini) to come on August 5
- Onyx Promises to be T-Mobile’s First 3G Blackberry
- BlackBerry Curve 8910 shows up in leaked photo