Back in June, HTC’s CEO Peter Chou stated that the company plans to sell 1 million HTC Magic phones by August.
August has come and, surprise, HTC has sold more than 1 million Android Magic phones worldwide – since April 2009, when the Magic (pictured below) was first launched through Vodafone.
In addition to announcing this, HTC has also unveiled that it wants to focus on mid-end smartphones for the rest of the year. According to Peter Chou, mid-end handsets will account for about 50-60% of the company’s shipments in the second half of 2009.
Said mid-end smartphones should have a retail price of about $300. Most probably, the Android-powered HTC Click will be among these upcoming devices.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC plans to sell 1 million Magic phones by August
- HTC to conquer China with its Android Magic smartphone
- HTC expects to ship 1 million G1′s and 3 million Touch Diamonds
- Samsung to increase phone sales by 20% in 2010 (to 270 million units)
- HTC LTE devices confirmed for next year, should run Android and Windows Phone 7