Research In Motion is best known for its smartphones, but what would you say if the Canadian company launches a Bluetooth watch?
According to a post found at BlackBerry OS, Antoine Boucher, RIM’s vice president of Accessories, has “confirmed” that they’re working on a Bluetooth watch, alongside a new Bluetooth headset codenamed Alpha 1.
Reportedly, RIM’s Bluetooth watch can be connected to a BlackBerry smartphone and receive email alerts, BlackBerry Messenger messages, SMS, and even Tweets and Facebook notifications. Moreover, the watch would allow you to transfer music and videos from you BB smartphone. Something similar to LG’s Prada Link watch, we guess.
As for the upcoming RIM Bluetooth headset, this will feature the BlackBerry logo and noise reduction technology. It might be the HS500 (pictured below), approved today by the Bluetooth SIG.
The HS500is not featured on RIM’s website, and only a few retailers are listing in as being on pre-order.
We’ll bring more on RIM’s new Bluetooth watch and Bluetooth headset as soon as new info emerges.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Prada Link appears on FCC web site
- LG Prada II KF900 arrives in Europe with a Bluetooth watch and a microsite
- LG Prada 3.0 arrives at T-Mobile UK in February
- Wirelessly ride in style with Motorola H620 and H560 Bluetooth headsets
- RIM’s BlackBerry Bluetooth Watch (inPulse) shows up