Samsung’s first Android smartphone, the i7500 Galaxy, is ready to hit the UK as soon as next week.
The handset (already available in other European countries – like France) will be exclusively sold across the UK by O2.
According to RegHardware, O2 planned to offer the i7500 earlier, but the smartphone’s release was pushed back because it “failed to pass O2′s handset accreditation process.” We’re not sure why this has happened, but now the problem seems to be fixed.
The main features of Samsung i7500 Galaxy include:
- 3.2 AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 320 x 480 pixels and 16 million colors
- Android 1.5 OS
- Quad-band GSM and tri-band HSDPA connectivity (900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz)
- 5MP autofocus camera with flash
- 8GB of internal memory and MicroSD card support
The price of i7500 from O2 UK was not announced.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy i7500 launched by Bouygues Telecom in France, only €89
- Samsung Galaxy. i7500 Android phone gets a name. Will launch in France early July
- 3 million Samsung Galaxy S Android smartphones sold in the US
- Samsung W690 has an AMOLED display and GPS
- Samsung i5800 / i5801 (Galaxy 3?) with Android 2.1 leaked (video)