Last week, when Samsung launched the Omnia HD i8910 in India, the smartphone’s specs sheet showed that a 1GHz processor is included in the device.
Well, it turns out that this is not true.
Apparently, the folks over at Samsung India thought that it would be a good marketing idea to add the 420MHz speed of the handset’s DSP (sound processing chip) to the 600MHz speed of the ARM Cortex-A8 CPU.
And while that does add up to 1GHz, it does not give the Omnia HD the ability to process data at this speed – it’s still a 600MHz CPU that it relies on.
So Samsung has yet to come with a phone that features a 1GHz processor – well, the Samsung Jet (800MHz) is almost there.
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Omnia HD i8910 now with 1GHz processor?
- 62 Symbian apps running at the same time – true multitasking demo on the Samsung i8910
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 now official
- Samsung announces new Exynos 4 Quad processor for the next Galaxy smartphone
- Nvidia Tegra 4 gets unveiled with 4 Cortex-A15 CPU cores, 72 GPU cores, LTE support