When we first heard about it, the Eos was rumored to come via AT&T sometime in the second half of 2009.
According to All Things Digital, Analyst Ilya Grozovsky from Morgan Joseph believes that the smartphone will “not likely to be available for the 2009 holiday season.” However, when it will come, the new Palm handset should have a low price on contract, in order to be competitive with AT&T’s other smartphones (like the $99 iPhone 3G).
(rendering of what the Palm Eos should look like; via Engadget)
Palm hasn’t announced anything about the Eos / Pixie yet.
In related news, it’s said that the Palm Pre was sold in only 100,000 units in July. Sales may fall even further in August – although that’s unlikely, since the Pre will reach Canada this month, and there are probably many customers who want to buy it there.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Palm smartphones (P120, C40) coming soon to Sprint?
- Palm Eos may come in Q4 2009 after all; CDMA version ready in 2010?
- Next-gen Palm Centro with WebOS leaked
- WebOS 1.0.4 available for the Palm Pre
- Ultra-thin Palm Eos coming to AT&T for just $99?