Although analysts think that the Palm Eos (Pixie) is not going to be launched this year, chances are that it will.
Apparently, Compal Communications (the company which will manufacture the Eos for Palm) is ready to ship the entry-level smartphone as soon as October – so AT&T should be ready to launch it before the year’s end.
Initially, only a GSM/UMTS version of the Palm Eos will be produced – about 400,000 – 500,000 units.
(image via Engadget)
Starting the first quarter of 2010, a CDMA Eos will be shipped too, probably for Sprint or Verizon (or both?). Unless some other smartphone shows up in the meantime, the Eos will be Palm’s second device to run on webOS (after the Palm Pre, of course).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Gartner: cell phone sales declined 6% in Q2 2009, smartphone sales grew 27%
- Verizon will launch the Palm Pre 2 on February 17
- Palm Eos (Pixie) not coming this year?
- WebOS 1.0.4 available for the Palm Pre
- Pixi-like Palm WebOS smartphone coming to T-Mobile USA?