Fist seen about two months ago, Verizon’s Escapade world phone is now official – although it looks like it’s not made by Pantech, as initially thought, but by PCD (Personal Communications Devices).
Presented by Verizon as a “must-have phone for globetrotters and jet-setters”, the Escapade is a rather simple clamshell that comes with dual band CDMA 1X and quad band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900) connectivity, as well as a pre-installed SIM card.
Other notable features include: 2 inch internal TFT display, 1.1 inch external CSTN screen, VZ Navigator capabilities, Mobile Web, Mobile Email, Bluetooth and a 2MP camera.
Verizon will sell the Escapade starting tomorrow, August 21, for as low as $29.99 on contract (after a $50.00 mail-in rebate).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon to launch the Pantech Escapade WP8990VW world phone
- Verizon HTC Ozone’s full specs unveiled
- LG GM310 music slider shows up, together with LG GB250, GB220, GB130 and GB102
- Verizon’s LG VX8360 shows its face and features
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included