One of China Mobile’s first Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphones will be the HTC Qilin, a device that features GSM and TD-SCDMA (China’s own 3G technology).
Apparently, the new smartphone will be sold under HTC’s Dopod brand, as T8388.
Design-wise, the HTC Qilin / Dopod T8388 resembles the Touch Pro2.
However, the Chinese smartphone does not have a QWERTY keyboard, so it’s a touchscreen-only device.
The features of HTC Qilin include:
- 3.6 inch touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixels
- CMMB mobile TV
- 5MP camera with autofocus
- VGA front camera
- 600MHz TI OMAP 3430 processor
- 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM
Seeing these specs, it’s no wonder that the Qilin will be launched by China Mobile as a flagship phone, sometime in the fourth quarter of 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola MT710 oPhone is like a keyboard-less Droid for China
- LG GW880 gets official for China Mobile
- Samsung Omnia II i8180 headed to China Mobile
- Motorola launches MT870 in China, the first dual-core TD-SCDMA Android smartphone
- HTC launches its 8X and 8S Windows Phone 8 handsets in China before Nokia’s Lumia 920