We were just telling you that Nokia is readying several new touchscreen phones and, well, here’s one of them: Nokia 5230, officially announced by the Finnish company today, in India.
Design-wise, there’s nothing new here. The 5230 is a mix between the Nokia 5800 and Nokia 5530, so it may look boring for some.
However, the design doesn’t matter that much when the phone’s price is of only €149 (about $212). At this price point, Nokia 5230 will compete with the likes of Samsung Corby and the hugely popular LG Cookie.
The new phone will come in many color versions, including white, pink and blue.
The main features of Nokia 5230 include:
- 3.2 inch touchscreen display
- Ovi Maps
- Ovi Store
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Bluetooth 2.0
- 2MP camera
- MicroSD card support, up to 16GB
Nokia 5230 should be available around the world starting the fourth quarter of 2009. There will be a Nokia 5230 Comes With Music edition too, priced at €259.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 officially announced, will be available this month
- LG Cookie Plus GS500 joins the touchscreen party
- Nokia 6700 slide and Nokia 7230 announced
- LG Cookie Music, Pure, GT405, KS365 and Jacquar 5 unveiled
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 and LG GT400 Viewty show up