Although many users probably want Motorola to release an Android smartphone via AT&T, it looks like this won’t happen – not in the near future, anyway.
Apparently, the Android phones that Motorola planned to sell via AT&T were remakes of some older, unknown Windows Mobile models.
According to The Street, AT&T considered those phones to be “too out of date” for its tastes, and thus it refused to make any deal with Moto. Ouch, that’s gotta hurt!
If this is true, then the rumor about Motorola Sholes coming to both Verizon and AT&T may be false.
Anyway, Moto will probably unveil its first Android handsets – the Motorola Sholes (rendered above) and the Motorola Morrison – on September 10. We’ll see then which carriers get them – although it’s almost surely that Verizon will pick up the Sholes, and T-Mobile the Morrison.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- FCC unveils new phones for T-Mobile: Nokia 3710a, Nokia RM-511 and Motorola T56KV1 (Morrison?)
- Motorola to launch Android phones on September 10?
- Motorola Morrison to be T-Mobile’s fifth Android smartphone?
- HTC Hero (Predator?) apparently confirmed for Verizon
- Rogers promises a Motorola Android phone for 2010