Samsung has recently announced a new phone in India, the Mpower 699.
Manufactured in collaboration with Qualcomm, the Samsung Mpower 699 is the world’s first CDMA phone to use OMH (Open Market Handset) technology.
Since it’s an OMH phone, the Mpower 699 can be used on any CDMA network operator in India (Reliance, Tata Indicom, MTS), as well as in other countries.
OMH aside, the Mpower 699 comes with entry-level features like Music player, FM radio, 1.3MP camera, Mobile Tracker, and MicroSD card support.
Samsung Mpower 699 will cost only 7100 INR (about $145). By March 2010, Samsung plans to release five other OMH phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- CDMA Samsung Corby Speed, Mpower Muzik 219 and Duos 259 announced in India
- Samsung Corby TV and Metro TV announced in India
- Samsung Star Nano 3G is India’s S3370
- Samsung Guru 2120, 2130 and 1160 launched in India
- Samsung Announces 4 Low-End Models; The World Yawns