Today, China Mobile and LG have showcased the GW880, LG’s first smartphone to use the Android-based OMS (Open Mobile System) platform.
Featuring GSM and TD-SCDMA connectivity, the LG GW880 will be available via the largest Chinese mobile carrier later this year, for a price that was not announced.
The smartphone is a high-end one, as it comes with a 3.5 inch WVGA touchscreen display, 5MP camera with flash, Mobile TV, 512MB ROM and 256MB RAM.
Here’s what the GW880 looks like:
We’re probably not going to see the LG GW880 outside China, but that’s OK, since LG is surely preparing some Android phones for other markets.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 reaches new markets, Australia and China included
- HTC Qilin (Dopod T8388) is a TD-SCDMA WM smartphone for China
- LG GW880 gets official for China Mobile
- LG KT878 and KV920 announced for China
- Motorola A3300 is real, looks cool and is headed to China as A3300c