Appeared in leaked photos many times until now, the Xperia X2 is Sony Ericsson’s new flagship smartphone.
Like the HTC Touch2 (also announced today), SE Xperia X2 will come with Windows Mobile 6.5 on board – which means that it will have stuff like Microsoft Office Mobile, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and Internet Explorer Mobile.
The smartphone has a new SlideView feature, which offers “quick access to frequently used phone activities”.
Like the Xperia X1, X2 comes with Xperia panels – 14 are preloaded, and other 16 are available for download. The panels include Skype, Google, Mytopia, CNN, Windows Live, games and so on.
Here are the main specs and features of Sony Ericsson Xperia X2:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Tri-band UMTS/HSPA connectivity (900/1900/2100 MHz, or 850/1900/2100 MHz for the X2a)
- 3.2 inch TFT touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixels
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi, DNLA Certified
- Google search
- Google Maps
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Stereo speakers
- PlayNow arena
- TV out
- 8.1MP camera with autofocus, touch focus, image stabilizer, flash and geotagging
- 3D games, motion gaming
- 110MB of internal memory
- MicroSD card support – 4GB card included
- 110 x 54 x 16 mm
- 115 grams
The new Xperia X2 will be commercially available starting early Q4 (October 6?). It will come in two color versions (Elegant Black and Modern Silver) for a price that was not announced.
The phone is offered with the following accessories in the box: MH500 Stereo Portable Handsfree, USB cable, TV out cable, battery, and battery charger.
Update: Xperia X2 video previews now available:
Via Sony Ericsson
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson launches Panels SDK for the Xperia X2
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 confirmed by Skyhook CEO?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 previewed; might cost €599
- Sony Ericsson launches new panels for Xperia X1: Facebook and Windows Live
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 vs. Xperia X1 in live pictures