‘Tis the season to come out with new handsets, so says Verizon. Just after learning about the Sept 11 release of the much-anticipated HTC Touch Pro2, Nokia is throwing in a mid-September contribution of its own to the largest US carrier: the Nokia Twist 7705.
This odd squarish-looking device will be showing up to select stores on September 13 while the rest of the nation will launch the Twist on the 21st.
Engadget is reporting that the Twist will sell for $149.99 after rebate on contract, a mere $50 below the Touch Pro2.
The Nokia Twist, true to its name, will be a swivel phone with a square design and will be packed with a 3 MP autofocus camera, bluetooth, EVDO rev 0, full HTML browser, and a swivel-out QWERTY.
Interested? We’re intrigued, but will see for ourselves. Leave some of your thoughts in our comments section.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon announces the HTC Touch Pro2, Nokia 7705 Twist
- Verizon to launch the Nokia Twist (7505) in white?
- Moto’s square Android phone to be called Motorola Twist; specs show up
- Nokia X3 coming to Verizon?
- Next Nokia touch smartphone to come with capacitive touchscreen and multi-touch?