HTC has announced the upcoming availability of the Android-powered Hero smartphone in India.
The Hero is the second Android device to be available to Indian customers, after the HTC Magic, released earlier this summer.
Unlike the Magic, HTC Hero comes with HTC’s new Sense UI, which lets users customize the phone’s software.
The new device also features access to Android Market, a 320 x 480 pixels capacitive touchscreen display, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP autofocus camera, 3.5mm headset jack, and MicroSD card slot.
HTC Hero’s price is of 34,600 INR ($714) in Maharashtra, and 31,990 ($660) in India’s other states. Airtel’s customers who buy the Hero will get 100MB of free monthly data downloads for 6 months.
Another Android smartphone that will probably be available this year in India is the HTC Tattoo, announced by the Taiwanese handset maker just hours ago.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bharti Airtel launches the HTC Magic – India’s first Android phone
- HTC Hero costs €99 in Spain with an Orange contract
- HTC Hero in live pictures; the first review already published
- HTC Hero live pics leaked
- HTC HD2 launched in India by Tata DoCoMo