MotoBlur has just been announced by Motorola during the Mobilize event held right now in San Francisco.
As Motorola puts it, MotoBlur is “the first and only solution to sync contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more – from sources like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal e-mail, and LastFM – and automatically deliver it to the home screen.” Hm, this somewhat resembles Palm’s Synergy, integrated into WebOS.
The MotoBlur will first be used for the Motorola Cliq, Moto’s first Android smartphone, referred to as a “new, differentiated smartphone”.
The Motorola Cliq (not Click) has a full sliding QWERTY keyboard and can sync all your contacts.
We’ll update this page as soon as new info shows up, so hit the refresh button from time to time.
Meanwhile, a photo of the Motorola Cliq:
In the USA, Motorola Cliq will be exclusive to T-Mobile, launched sometime before Christmas. There will be two color versions: black/titanium and white. Price was not unveiled.
The smartphone will also hit other markets around the world, as Motorola Dext. America Movil will bring the Moto Dext to Latin America. Orange will launch it in France and the UK; Telefonica in Spain.
Official photos of Motorola Cliq (model name MB220):
The Cliq seems to be the long-rumored Motorola Morrison – it has a highly similar design
Motorola Cliq’s official features and specs include:
- WCDMA 900/1700/2100, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3.1 inch, 320 x 480 pixels touchscreen display
- Android 1.5 OS
- Custom homescreen with Live Widgets
- Android Market
- GPS, Turn by Turn directions, Google Maps with Street View, E-Compass
- Android HTML Webkit browser
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 5MP autofocus camera
- Qualcomm MSM7201A Processor, 528 MHz
- 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM
- 2GB MicroSD card in the box
- 1420 mAh battery
- Talk-time: up to 6 hours of continuous talk time
- Standby time: up to 13.5 days
- 114 x 58 x 15.6 mm (4.49 x 2.28 x 0.61 in)
- 163.00 grams (5.7 oz)
A second, unnamed Motorola Android smartphone will be announced in the weeks to come – this might be the Motorola Sholes.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Dext / Cliq previewed. Low price apparently confirmed
- Motorola Dext to bring Android to Orange UK in October
- Motorola Quench, Backflip and Dext bring MotoBlur to Canada
- Motorola Cliq coming to “all major operators in the US”?
- Orange UK confirms: Motorola Dext comes in October, free on contract