Two months after webOS 1.1, Palm has now released webOS 1.2, which comes with even more new features than the previous version.
For example, you can now purchase app from the App Catalog by entering your credit card info via the Preferences & Accounts menu. Also, previously purchased but deleted apps can be downloaded and reinstalled for free.
webOS 1.2 further offers: Amazon MP3 downloads via either Wi-Fi or the phone’s network; email filtering by search term; LinkedIn contact syncing included in Palm Synergy; files can be downloaded in the browser; you can cut & paste web pages and emails.
Palm says that webOS 1.2 should be available as an automatic update in the next few weeks. The full list of new things and bug fixes included in webOS 1.2 can be found here.
Obviously, webOS 1.2 can currently be seen only on the Palm Pre, but it will be available on the Palm Pixi too – as soon as this is launched.
Via the Official Palm Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- WebOS 1.0.4 available for the Palm Pre
- WebOS SDK to be out by the end of the summer. WebOS 1.0.3 out now
- Palm Pre to debut in Spain on October 14 through Movistar
- WebOS 1.3.5 already available for Sprint’s Palm Pre?
- AT&T Motorola Bravo Android 2.2 Froyo update now available