Initially promised for September, BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac will be officially launched a bit later, on October 2.
Starting this date, Mac users will be able to download BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the BlackBerry official website.
The BlackBerry Desktop Manager software for Mac will obviously enable Mac users to sync data from Mac-specific applications (Address Book, iCal, Microsoft Entourage etc), as well as to install software updates, remove apps or encrypt backup files for their BlackBerry device.
Since it integrates BlackBerry Media Sync, BlackBerry Desktop Manager also provides iTunes syncing.
In related news, BlackBerry smartphone owners now have a dedicated TiVo application which lets them program favorite TV shows and access channel listings.
TiVo for BlackBerry is free and it’s available through BlackBerry App World.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac – officially out in September
- TiVo and RIM team up for BlackBerry mobile entertainment services
- HTC Wildfire gets HTC Sync 3.0 with Media Sync, other smartphones will get it later
- Blackberry Media Sync to let BlackBerry Bold sync with iTunes
- HTC One will import iPhone backups