We first heard last night that Donut, aka Android 1.6, was ready to begin rolling out to G1′s and MyTouch 3G’s all over the country early this morning, and we are now receiving official confirmation that it is indeed happening and will continue over the coming days.
Donut is a OTA (Over-the-air) update which you should be seeing very soon, if not already. From what we’ve heard, T-Mobile is working to roll it out as fast as possible to help fix the system reboot error that’s well-known on current versions.
Other feature improvements include:
* Improved Android Market experience
* Camera, camcorder, and gallery interface.
* Updated Voice Search
* Updated search experience (similar but not identical to iPhone’s spotlight search)
We want to hear from you on your experience with Donut. Please let us know what you think!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Spica and BigFoot Android 2.0/ Donut phone details leaked
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 maintenance update now rolling out
- Verizon HTC ThunderBolt software update starts rolling out tonight, fixes reboot issues
- DROID Update Brings More Multitouch Goodness to Android
- Google updates Search for Android Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Froyo