Okay, so we know that Windows’ version of the App Store, called Windows Marketplace, will be available immediately with WinMo 6.5 on October 6. But when will it become available to anyone using WinMo 6.0 or 6.1?
All we knew previously was that it is coming, but unsure when. WM Experts has hunted down a statement from Todd Brix of Microsoft that tells us this particular phase, in which Windows Marketplace will be ready for 6.0/6.1 devices, is called Phase 2 and will be ready in November.
On top of that, we also learned from Brix that Phase 2 will bring “the PC based catalog and shopping experience, user generated app reviews, advanced key-based anti-piracy protection and other enhancements that expand your business opportunity and make it easier for a larger number of customers to find and buy your application.”
Sounds great! I can’t wait to try it out. And I’m sure there are millions of 6.1 users that will be very eager to try it out as well.
via WM Experts
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Marketplace opens for submissions on July 27; WM 6.0 and 6.1 will be supported
- More details on Windows Mobile Marketplace’s Phase 2
- Windows Marketplace for Mobile updated, PC-based shopping now available
- Nokia to equip Reuters reporters and ‘citizen experts’ with journalism tools
- Samsung BRIX modular multimedia phone concept