We knew that the Motorola Dext was ready to hit Orange UK this month, and now Moto has announced an exact release date: October 7 (two days from now) – way ahead of T-Mobile USA’s Motorola Cliq, which will be on pre-sale starting October 19.
British customers can actually get the Dext on October 6, but only if they visit the new Orange Multimedia Store in Milton Keynes starting 3PM. Phones4U will also sell the smartphone from October 8.
Coming as Moto’s first Android handset, Motorola Dext will be offered by Orange UK for free to customers who choose a 24-month contract agreement of at least £34.26 ($54.6) per month.
Motorola’s second Android handset, called Sholes or Tao or Droid (it’s not clear yet what its official name will be), might be released in the US by Verizon on October 30. BGR has a screenshot of a Verizon calendar which indicates that the smartphone will come on said date, but we can’t be sure about this at the moment.
Interestingly, the calendar also shows that Verizon will announce the BlackBerry Storm 2 this month as well, on October 14. Let’s wait and see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange UK confirms: Motorola Dext comes in October, free on contract
- Motorola Dext to bring Android to Orange UK in October
- Motorola Cliq coming to “all major operators in the US”?
- Motorola Dext / Cliq previewed. Low price apparently confirmed
- Motorola Atrix launch date announced by Orange UK: early May