Announced back in September only in CDMA flavor, the webOS-powered Palm Pixi has a GSM version too, which has just made an appearance in Vietnam.
Spotted over at Tinhte, the GSM Pixi obviously has a SIM slot, and it looks like it runs on an EDGE network (hopefully, it has 3G as well).
Unsurprisingly, the design of the GSM Palm Pixi is similar to the one of the CDMA version. The unit appearing in the leaked photos only has 4GB of internal memory, unlike the officially announced Pixi, which has 8GB.
Most probably, the other features of the GSM Pixi are similar to the ones found in the CDMA edition: 320 x 400 pixels multi-touch display, accelerometer, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack and 2MP camera.
The Palm Pixi with GSM connectivity will probably be released in Europe (via O2, maybe) and Canada in early 2010.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Palm Pixi to be launched in Europe and Canada too
- Palm Pixi now official, comes to Sprint later this year without Wi-Fi
- Palm gives away 25 free Pixi smartphones
- Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus officially coming to AT&T
- Pink Palm Pixi coming to Sprint for Valentine’s Day?