Verizon has just announced that it reached an agreement with Google, signing a strategic partnership with the big G in order to release Android devices, as well as related services and mobile applications.
Google and Verizon are ready to “co-develop several Android-based devices” that will be manufactured by leading handset makers.
The first Android devices from Verizon will be unveiled in the next few weeks. Further details (like prices and exact release dates) should be announced soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Hero (Predator?) apparently confirmed for Verizon
- Motorola Sholes to hit AT&T too, Android 2.0 Eclair included
- Motorola Tao Will be Droid on Verizon, to Offer Flash?
- Droid Will be an Entire Series; HTC Desire Becomes Droid Eris
- More Motorola Sholes Tablet (XT701) photos, Android 2.1 confirmed?