The Maemo 5-based Nokia N900 is a really nice piece of technology, but some may argue that the lack of multi-touch and the presence of a resistive touchscreen are not that cool.
Well, the next generation Maemo devices won’t have these problems.
According to UMPC portal, Nokia announced that Maemo 6 will support capacitive displays, as well as multi-touch. Moreover, Maemo 6-based handsets will support both landscape and portrait mode (the N900 works only in landscape mode).
Unfortunately, at the moment there’s no word on when Maemo 6 devices will be ready to hit the market. But let’s hope it will happen next year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC10 Nokia’s Ari Jaaksi talks Maemo, MeeGo, shows how to enable portrait mode on N900 browser
- Nokia reconfirms: Symbian^3 and Maemo 6 devices are coming this year
- Nokia is exploring 3D multi-touch interface
- Nokia’s Maemo plans for 2010 to include only one device
- Nokia N900 firmware updated to version 1.2