You know a carrier’s up to something big when they ask their employees to sign NDAs about it. It’s been dubbed “Project Black” and apparently is supposed to be this big mysterious “game-changer” that will give a serious Mobile Makeover to the ol’ no. 4.
Indeed, as usually happens, not everyone honored that NDA. The project is actually Project Dark, and involves the release of 3 new legendary devices that will rock the world and rapid expansion of T-Mobile’s 3G network to 21 Mbps.
The devices are the Blackberry 9700 (Onyx or Bold 2) and 2 Nokia N-series devices– one being the N900 and then something else in addition (N97 Mini perhaps?).
The other big news is that T-Mobile is rumored to have a $50 unlimited everything (voice, SMS, MMS, data) plan, which would knock the socks off anything else that is currently offered by any other carrier.
That’s not too shabby. We just wonder — did they really have to sign NDAs for that? It seems a bit over the top.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 now available at Orange UK, free from £41 per month
- 22 new handsets in four new series announced by NTT DoCoMo for Japan
- BlackBerry Bold R9020 with OS 6 to come in October
- BlackBerry Bold 9790 spotted in the wild again, close to launch?
- Black BlackBerry Bold 9900 launches in the UK on September 15, white version a month later