China Unicom, the second largest Chinese mobile carrier, has finally announced the exact release date of its iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS: October 30.
The operator will offer the iPhone in mainland China with a 2-yr contract agreement, as well as free of contract.
While the official contract prices were not announced (these are the rumored ones), the no contract prices are quite steep: iPhone 3G 8GB – 4,999 CNY ($732); iPhone 3GS 16GB – 5,880 CNY ($861); iPhone 3GS 32GB – 6,999 ($1,025).
Chinese customers will be able to find iPhones through China Unicom’s online store, as well as in various locations such as China Unicom’s business halls and Apple’s stores across China.
Via China Tech News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- China Unicom sold over 100,000 iPhones since October
- 5 million iPhones bought by China Unicom – sales to debut in September
- China Unicom to offer amnesty to jailbroken grey market iPhone owners
- No agreement between Apple and China Unicom yet
- iPhone 4S now available from China Telecom, cheaper than at China Unicom